Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How M&M's Saved My Hair

With the language barrier, sometimes it is difficult to communicate serious things with the kids. How do you explain the concept of sharing with a limited vocabulary? Still working on that one... 

However, communicating funny things is really easy. Kids talk in gibberish half the time anyway! So for example.... "Nom nom nom"is a pretty easy way to express eating if you are putting whatever is "nom nom nom"ish in your mouth at the same time! Right? Well, Sarina thought this was great fun and decided everything under the sun was good to pretend eat! The food. They toys. The sand. My hair. Yep, the list goes on from there, but you get the idea. So what to do? This child is ready to consume my locks! Well, thankfully we had brought along some M&Ms! Now, when I eat some of these colorful candies, I can consume dozens. But this is an unfamiliar treat that when handed out one at a time can last forever! So we sat on the floor of the hospital. Sarina got one. Sarchil got one. Mom got one. I got one. Then you had to stick out your tongue to show you were done. Then the whole process repeated. But then mom got distracted. I was in the middle of a round of m&m distribution when Sarina stopped me, grabbed mom's hand and pulled it down. Bo to! (For you!) She was not going to allow anyone to be missed! So cute! 

The funny experiences like this one are non-stop. I just have to chuckle through them all and pray that through these ridiculous experiences, the kids learn how much we love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment