It's weird trying to reflect back on one adventure, knowing the second I turn around, I run straight into another. It's exciting, but frustrating in many ways; and difficult to process. But here is a glimpse at my favorite things from the past three months, and my prayer requests as I head into a new adventure.
Top 5 "things" from my semester in Ireland (in no particular order):
1) Dublin- This semester I have realized how much I love European cities! Not American cities with all the skyscrapers, fast pace, and commercialism. But European cities that are still bustling and you can walk to everything, but still have parks and feel more like really large towns.
2) Coaching Soccer- I am really going to miss my little terrors... I mean treasures. I have had such a wonderful time helping coach about twenty 7-10 year old girls! It is wonderful to use a "useless" skill to glorify God!
3) Hillside Bible Study- Within our first week of being here, Hanna, Audrey, Paige, and I began attending a Bible Study through our local church. The fifteen or so men and women I have met through that program have had a huge impact on my life! Tuesday night we (all ISP TU Students) hosted a "Thank You" Dinner for everyone that has impacted us. We invited all of the people from the Study and most of them were able to make it! This time we got to serve them coffee!
4) Exploring- Whether is was ruins, mountains, castles, cities, or whatever, I have loved gallivanting about the country! We have left no stone unturned! No hill unexplored! And no sheep unterrorized! The only sad thing is, we never did manage to catch one and pet it! They move fast!
5) Reflecting and Growing- I have learned so much about myself, God, and life on this trip. While most of what I have shared on this blog is lighthearted, know that God has really been working on my character the past three months.
That's the best I can do to sum up the past. There is so much more than that, but it would take a book to record all the stories! As I look at the next three months, I do have a few prayer requests... (In case you don't know, I have a three month internship in the Middle East this summer. Message me if you want more details!)
Top 5 Prayer Requests (for now):
1) I make it to the country! Due to fuel problems, there are a lot of flights being canceled in and out of the airport I'm headed to. Pray my flight isn't one of those! But if it is, pray I will stay calm and patient as I figure out another way there.
2) Ease clearing customs and finding my contact. I don't want a repeat of Ireland customs!
3) Overall safety and good health over the summer. I don't want to be a burden or be hindered because I don't feel well.
4) Humility, patience, and a servant's heart. I don't ever want to be the American who thinks she can come in and fix everything. Pray I am a servant that is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
5) Guidance. I really feel God calling me to work abroad in the future. I am hoping this six month adventure will give me guidance in where that might be and what I would want to do.
Thanks for your prayers and support the past few months! Many of you have asked me to keep updating the blog this summer, and I will try! I don't know how much internet access I will have... but I would love to continue to share stories with you!
On to the next adventure....